Great White Snark

Thursday, January 28, 2010


{Header not finalized...this is just what I managed to decide on today.}

One of the things that inspired me to start blogging was the myriad of amazing fashion blogs out there (if you're at all interested, hit me up and I'll give you my list of favies). There is some wild stuff going on in fashion right now, and fashion blogging is becoming an industry in its own right. I'm not doing this as a job, but rather because I LOVE fashion and want to share my thoughts, inspirations, and scores with you.

One of the thing that most angers me about fashion blogs are these blogs touting "affordable" options when the outfit totals run upwards of $300. Pardon me, but for some of us, that just isn't affordable. I'm still working on this aspect, but hopefully in the near future I'll be able to post some outfits of mine built up of pieces that REAL people can actually afford.

Long introduction, BLAH BLAH BLAH.




I wanted to start this off with a post about Chanel Jade nail polish. It sauntered its way down the Chanel Fall 2009 runway show and into the ravenous consciousnesses of fashion stalkers everywhere. The shade was primarily developed strictly for the runway show, which featured revamped classic Chanel tweed pieces in the same shade of jade. But women were so adamant about owning that piece of green glory that Lagerfeld finally gave the "okay" to market it. And it ROCKETED. I kid you not, there is a bottle selling on E-bay as of posting time for $113. Women are PASSIONATE about having this one-of-a-kind shade.

Which is where I step in to tell you I found an alternative for $3.50.

I was recently in Charlotte Russe doing some shopping for a friend's gift when I noticed some nail polish up by the register. And it was the closest I've seen out there to the Chanel Jade, and I've been keeping my eyes peeled for quite some time. I decided, "Eh, at $3.50 I can afford to try it." I did. Results below.



(So what if my pic isn't as high quality as theirs?) This is with two coats. Probably another one or two would increase the opaquity and bring it even closer to the original Jade. What stuck out to me the most about this polish is that it has the same ever-so-slight shimmer as Chanel's. The fact of the matter is, the polish is extremely similar and a fraction of the price. Charlotte Russe no longer carries it on their website, but if Chanel Jade is something that's been on your wish-list, then it'd be worth it to go to the nearest mall and see if they have any in stock. CR doesn't name their nail polishes but on the bottle it's called JDE.NAIL.CLR. Clearly they were on to something in naming and creating it, and thus far, I have yet to discover a better substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment