Great White Snark: No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.

Friday, March 12, 2010

No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.


I have no idea, so here's Gangsta Barney singing 50 Cent.


I turned 21 on Wednesday.


Mom decorated everything in PINK and it looked so pretty (and yes, that's a pile of fashion mags. My family knows me well. *_*)

The day started off on an awesome note when my bestie took me to breakfast (complete with a Spiderman balloon. You KNOW you're jealous.).



The weather outside was DIVINE and since we weren't able to make our yearly picnic-on-the-beach this year, my Mom and I decided to take the Winter Park boat tour. I went, I think, when I was like, six, so needless to say I remembered nothing about it. I can't even remember what happened two weeks ago, much less YEARS ago.






A couple pieces of real estate I wouldn't mind owning...







My grandma sent me the most gorgeous pink and white roses...totally made my day. I don't get flowers all that often, but NOTHING brightens a room (or my mood!) quite as much as fresh flowers.





Capped the day off with dinner at Red Lobster (mmm, scallops). I also, instead of traditional birthday cake, opted for chocolate-covered strawberries and Petit Fours. My mom did get a teensy weensy regular cake though, because my grandparents stopped by and when it's someone's birthday, apparently guests expect HARDCORE BIRTHDAY CAKE.





Overall, it was an awesome, beautiful day. I've been really leery of 21 for a LONG time, because there are certain expectations that people (read: society) expect you to uphold on your 21st. For reasons completely of my own (and non-religious, in case you were wondering), I don't drink at all, and so I was all like, "Crap," about being 21 and having to scooch around that issue. Alas, it flew without a hitch and was one of the most decadent, beautiful days I've had in a really, really long time. Thank you to everyone who made it so! You all mean the world to me, and I really appreciate you and everything you say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment