Great White Snark: Celebrity mermaids.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Celebrity mermaids.

I love looking at awards shows dresses. A lot of times, I don't even care who wins (especially with something like the Emmy's...I probably watch a grand total of 6 hours of TV a year), but I love seeing who wore what.

So I was looking at pictures of the Emmy's, and there were a lot of trends (crimson and saffron were pretty popular), but the one thing I noticed was gorgeous splashes of blue. The only thing I thought was, "OMG, look at all the mermaids!"
From Left to Right: Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum, Hayden Panettiere, Zooey Deschanel, Nicole Kidman, and Julianne Hough. All pictures from People.com. 
Look at it! Isn't it marvelous?! I love all the blues, teals, and seafoam greens in floaty, ethereal fabrics and cuts! Sofia Vergara and Julianne Hough's are the most mermaidy...I love the silhouettes of both dresses, and I'm pretty sure Sofia Vergara is the only person in the world who doesn't look cheap and tawdry whilst plastered in sequins. Heidi Klum's dress looks like lingerie and I don't really like it, but it fits in with the trend. I love Zooey's take on it, because, per usual her, she did it her way and it WORKS. I really like the Grecian feel of Hayden's dress. She looks like a siren or water goddess! And Nicole Kidman's dress is just odd, and I'm not sure what she was going for.

I would never wear any of these (except Zooey's...I would totally wear that), but I LOVED them! I love seeing these pretty aquatic dresses all in one glamorous place. They make me want to jump in the pool and sing "Under the Sea."


If you're bored and/or want to translate the mermaid look into real life, I highly suggest browsing Polyvore. I love seeing how other people interpret trends, and it's always a great place to look for inspiration!

What do you think of the oceanic trend on the red carpet? Love it? Hate it? Couldn't care less about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment