Great White Snark: Tim Burton would be so pleased.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Tim Burton would be so pleased.

Can I just take a moment to express how THRILLED I am that stripes (vertical, no less!) were smattered all over the Spring runways?

(The answer to this highly rhetorical question is a resounding and emphatic "YES!" by the way.)

Top left: Les Copains; Bottom Left: Balmain; Center: Juicy Couture; Top and Bottom Right: Moschino

Marc Jacobs

Michael Kors


YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited. I hope the trickle-down effect takes place and cheap retail stores will be positively overflowing with striped things of all kinds! Maybe I'll even find an affordable version of my dream purse (STILL want this!). 

I made a Polyvore set with some wearable ways to incorporate the stripe trend without looking like a Tim Burton movie reject. And all the items are under $50 (except the yellow Jimmy Choo flats...sorry!)! Click to see the set item-by-item. 



AHH! Love it!!


PS: Can we also talk about how Betsey Johnson's show must be the ultimate dream for every runway model? Look how HAPPY they all look! 
 And what's with the random but totally awesome props?? Monkeys, glitter, kids in strollers wearing Grouch Marx glasses, LIVE PIGS?!? (sounds like a "Stefan" sketch from SNL)


If I ever become a model (hah!), remind me to only walk Betsey Johnson's shows.


(All photos taken from style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment