Great White Snark: "I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice."

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice."

I had a singular experience yesterday. 

I had to scrape ice off my car for the first time in my life!

I rushed out the door on my way to work (as I usually do on Monday mornings) and sat in the car, per usual.   My windshield was frosted over, but that's nothing new, as I always park outside. I flipped on the wipers, and...NOTHING HAPPENED. 

It wasn't just frost that covered my windshield. It was hard, cold, solidly frozen ICE. 


Having lived in Florida my entire life, I was absolutely baffled by this phenomenon. 


My first reaction when the wipers didn't work was



Then I decided, "Hey, I graduated college. I CAN FIGURE THIS OUT." So I did that little thing where you can spray water onto your windshield. I tried the blades again. NOTHING. At this point, I was like

My parents, both having lived up north for a good portion of their lives, weren't there to ask for help. My dad had looong since gone to work (tax season sucks for everyone, but especially for accountants) and my mom was asleep. I couldn't justify waking her for something as asinine as, "How do you get ice off your windshield?"

So, with a stroke of genius, I went inside and grabbed the squeegee from my shower. I had to WORK (like, I put my BACK into it) to scrape the ice, but it did come off. 

I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF!
"Don't clap." 

Then I had to take pics to document the whole affair, it being my first time and all. 

This was my sunroof!



The windshield, with an eerie-looking sun desperately trying to break through the ice. 

And after my handiwork. 

All I can say is, I'm unbelievably glad to live in a place where this happens once, maybe twice, in a person's lifetime. EWW. Bring on those 85 degree days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment