Great White Snark: "'Leverage,' says you. 'I think I feel a change in the wind,' says I."

Thursday, March 28, 2013

"'Leverage,' says you. 'I think I feel a change in the wind,' says I."


Oh, guys. So much has happened, and I'm only just now having a moment to write about it! 

First of all, I am done working at the Coupon Book/Advertising place where I was. I'm grateful for the time I had there, because I learned so much. The experience I gained made the whole thing worthwhile. However, that being said, I'm really glad that I got a new job, not because it was so miserable or anything, but I am just not a receptionist. If you know me, you know this. I abhor telephones. I will do anything to get out of answering a phone. I don't even know where my cell phone is half the time, and I just don't care! So sue me! So that was never really my cup of tea. 

Secondly, MY NEW JOB!!! Guys, I got a job at a LIBRARY! And not just any library, the Maitland Public Library, which is a) right down the street from my dad's office, b) super old, and c) SUPER CHARMING! Check out a couple of these pics and prepare to be stricken with envy:


So pretty! And it's as lovely inside as it is outside. My position is a little ambivalent...it's being developed, but basically, I'll be assisting the director of youth services with whatever he needs, as well as picking up some basic library skills and circulation (I GET TO USE THE STAMP!). I have absolutely no idea what to expect, but it's something completely different, and I think a library is a perfect place for me. I will be surrounded by books on a daily basis. How could that not be fantastic??

I have some time off this week between jobs, for which I'm really grateful. I finished college, was already managing Plato's and walked right into the coupon book job, without a second to breathe between any of it, so I'm really happy to just have some downtime this week. 

Anyway, I am so excited that one of my dreams (to work in a library) has come true, and I'm really excited to see where this all goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment