Great White Snark: Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange?

As far as I'm concerned, it's October. Like, the last five days of September don't even matter, because my favorite holiday is Halloween and I am subjected to literally three months of Christmas crap, so if I want my favorite month to start a few days sooner, so sue me. 

End rant.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite

Things That Remind Me of Fall/October

Fall perfume: I don't even know why Britney Spears's Hidden Fantasy reminds me of fall. I blame the little masquerade masks on the box. But I always break this one out on October 1st and wear it pretty religiously. Also, Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is kind of a given. 


Capes and hats (all above are from Target!). 



Dark, "vampish" lips (Revlon "Bordeaux" and Covergirl "Entwined").



Studs: love me some studs (bag from Steve Madden, boots from F21 about 3 years ago).


Classic "Halloween" movies.

Tim Burton: all of his movies have that kind of creepy vibe, but "Beetlejuice," "Nightmare Before Christmas," and "Corpse Bride" are particularly Halloweeny (I have a joke about that! Why are there so few pregnant witches? Because all the warlocks have hollow-weenies! Har har har.). Incidentally, Tim Burton leads me to my next item, which is...


Stripes: vertical work best. Horizontal stripes tend to look preppy or nautical (bag and dress from Forever 21, pants from Wet Seal).


Plaid: there's a little "90's grunge" revival happening right now, which means plaid is plentiful (and that's the only good thing about that trend). I'm particularly fond of the blue and green Black Watch tartan (and no, not just because those are the colors of Ravenclaw and Slytherin, my two favorite Hogwarts houses...but it doesn't hurt. Which leads me to...)



Harry Potter: "The Sorcerer's Stone" in particular has a very Halloween-ish feel to it. Probably because that's when the whole "TRRRROOOLLLLL IN THE DUNGEONS!" bit happened. 

And finally, the actual HALLOWEEN thing! 


Oh, and all of this set to this beautimous song (and yes, that's where they got the Dramatic Chipmunk music):


Oh, man. I just love fall and Halloween and October! One day, I will live someplace with a proper fall so I can actually WEAR a cape and a hat and sip cider while taking a hay ride through a pumpkin patch. 

Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment