Great White Snark: Ever mine, ever thine, ever ours.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ever mine, ever thine, ever ours.







I found the above letter in a bin at work after some guy sold his clothes to us. It reads:

Hey baby, I just want to remind you how much I like you & how much I care about you. I love the way you talk ot me. You are the only reason why I wake up every morning and walk my happy ass to skool lol. You did better than me in the note. I love it. =D <3 You're the best!
But I wanna ask you something...please please please don't hurt me like all my x boyfriends did. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to stay single. So please don't hurt me... =|
I'm happy that you got your phone back. =) Oh I forgot I might get my computer next week =) lol. So yeah I need a nick name for you!...? Idk I have to think cuz I wanna give you the rite one cuz you're special. (I don't like how much hair looks today. X[ ) Well babe I can't wait to see you. You're the best thing that happen to me sense I came to this boring skool. Thanks for everything. =)

Te quiero mucho :)
{K+D=<3}
Love: K


While it's a far cry from Beethoven's "Immortal Beloved," it's always humorous to me that even with ridiculous technology ("There's an app for that") (and it's so pervasive that this girl LITERALLY wrote in symbols like she was texting), love letters never go out of fashion. People have been writing them since the dawn of the written word, and they're STILL happening. +2 points for the hopeless hopeful romantics of the world!

Speaking of work, it's going really well. I knew I was in the right place again when someone came up to me and asked how to pronounce "Mizrahi" and I could answer them. Unlike when people were like, "So what's Marzipan?" And I'd answer, honest to God, "Umm. I think it's like sugar. It's edible. You can make stuff out of it." GOOD EFFING JOB, MARY, IT'S A CANDY STORE. IT'S ALL "EDIBLE SUGAR" YOU NUMBSKULL. I didn't realize how much I missed working at Plato's until I was back doing it. Even the boring parts are way interesting to me, just because I love examining cuts and fabrics and stitching and materials and the design of everything from blouses to shoes. And then thinking about how I'd do it differently or if it's a piece of art that should be sold for way more than $8.00.

My parents keep telling me I'm in the wrong field and should have gone into fashion. Clearly they haven't seen "The September Issue." It reassured me that even though I love fashion as something-more-than-hobby-but-less-than-career, I made the right choice to stay out of it as a job. Go rent it if you haven't seen it and like documentaries, btw. It's interesting.

Anyway. I'm enjoying it. Of course, there are 101 things I could bitch and moan about. But writing about the positives is much better. :)


Let's see, what else. Not much else is going on. I literally worked every day last week except Friday, so I haven't had much time for anything else. Which is good, I think. I do well to be busy, lest I sit and mope. Mope mope. Mope mope mope.

It's not a good scene.

I've missed blogging! I have so many posts planned and just not enough hours in the day to do them properly. I could always rush through and just BS them (like I do my homework), but I want this to be a QUALITY blog. QUALITY, GUYS. Which is why this blog has more posts on Sherlock Holmes than My Life and "Shermania: It's Insania" is an actual tag.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment