Great White Snark: "Time, time, time...see what's become of me??"

Monday, June 28, 2010

"Time, time, time...see what's become of me??"



"I used to rule the world,
Seas would rise when I gave the word.
Now in the morning I sleep alone,
Sweep the streets I used to own.

I used to roll the dice,
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes,
Listen as the crowd would sing,
"The old king is dead, long live the king!"

One minute I held the key,
Next the walls were closed on me,
And I discovered that my castles stand,
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand."


Even though it's the most overplayed song EVER, I love those lyrics. And I still like the song. I once heard an a capella version that made me want to cry.

Anyway.




I'm not entirely sure what happened, but somewhere along the way I lost the ability to manage my time. I have zero time management skills anymore. I feel like I am constantly going, constantly moving, constantly doing, but nothing is ever really getting done (kinda like the White House...ba dum PSSSHHH!). I am tired all the time, and I always wish I had another 12 hours in every day to accomplish things, even though 24 is more than sufficient (in fact, it's perfect. It's one of my favorite numbers because it's even and a multiple of four. Don't ask...even I don't get it).

So my goal this week is to get balance back into my life. I'm usually really good at that. The twelve year old me would scoff at how lackadaisical I've become with life in general. And I don't approve of that.

I keep a planner. I'm really picky about my planners--must have the full month and the day by day, but the month squares must be large enough for me to write in, so must the daily squares, but it must be small enough to fit in my purse, and no time slots. Y'know, when they're like 7am: 8am: 9am:. Give me a break. No one plans out every hour of their life. So anyway, the planner. And I usually decoupage the cover with various cuttings from magazine and newspapers and stuff. And I fold every other page with the corner facing up and every other page with the corner facing down, so they fold up neatly and make a neat triangle.






ANYWAY, OMG. I need to start employing mine better. I need to balance out work, social life, familial obligations, and general responsibilities.

And you know you've reached that point when you have to pencil in "Relax." Because I have, and that shouldn't be on my to-do list.

So this week my goal is to re-arrange time. Specifically, my time. I need to use the time I have off work more effectively, probably getting done responsible stuff like laundry, cleaning and getting my finances in order. Next should come familial obligations. I feel like since my parents still let me live in their house, the least I can do is oblige them to go to things they want me to and attend dinner with them a few times a week. The last thing, sadly, on my priorities list is my social life. Thank God I only actually hang out with like three people, otherwise I simply couldn't schedule you all in.

I jest, of course. If you want to hang out, Facebook me.

And overarching all of that is the Obstacle. Usually the Obstacle is school. Now it's work. So I have to manage all of that in addition to my work schedule. It's like juggling.

Which I always wanted to learn to do. *_~



AND NOW BACK TO REALITY.

Work is good. Family is fine. I saw Bethany today and it made me happy.

Bixby is doing well! Chichi has finally warmed up to him just a little bit. She's always been standoffish, so we knew this was coming. But I think they'll be okay. Millie's a little snarly. It's the whole pack order being in a state of utter disarray and all that. In a few months they'll be fine. He's ADORABLE. And kind of smart. I'm teaching him to "Sit" and he's doing a really good job considering he's two months old. If time will allow, I'd like to take him to Puppy School at PetSmart. Mostly so he can get a little graduation cap. AWWWW. I love him. And he loves me.

All is right with the world.



PS: For all who were wondering, no, Sherman and Bix don't interact. Bix is still a little pouncy and rambunctious, and he thinks Sherman is a live-action chew toy. I don't want Sherman getting hurt and then biting Bixby. Because he totally would. He fought off Millie once...dude is FEARLESS. Maybe one day when they're both older and a little more subdued they can play. For now, they're content to look at each other through the wires of Sherman's cage.

And he's happy, too, in case you were wondering. I haven't just up and left the Shermanator. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment