Great White Snark: I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Monday, April 4, 2011

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.


Sooo, Harry Potter thing = WILD SUCCESS!

Omg, I am SO glad I was able to finally go and see it! It defied all my expectations and exceeded them. It was...pretty incredible. The mad attention to detail is just inexplicable until you've seen it yourself. My only gripe is the crowd issue. It's so crowded you can barely move through the shops and it's nigh impossible to get enough space to take a decent photo. However, that is a small drop in the whiny bucket. This place is AMAZING, and I highly recommend you to go. Even people there who hadn't seen the movies or read the books thought it was awesome. It's just impossible to walk through there and be like, "Well, they could've done better."

On to the picspam! Unfortunately, for various reasons, both parties I was meant to meet up with reneged on me so these are, sadly, the single-handed myspace self-portrait shots. Alas, I think some of them turned out all right.

Before you guys think I moped around a theme park alone (I mean, granted, I was alone, but I was NOT moping), I actually had a BRILLIANT time. Apart from a very select few people, I'd almost rather go alone simply because I don't like roller coasters, but I do like shopping and wandering and musing and people-watching. Plus, I was adopted by a black family from Iowa in Suessland, introduced to everyone by an enthusiastic train conductor as his "new best friend, Mary," and met the world's most hilarious J. Jonah Jameson impersonator in line for Spiderman. If you open yourself up to people, most of them are pretty nice. So while my pictures might be subpar, I had a really great time and would do it again in a heartbeat.

End rant, NOW on to the picspam! (As always, click to enlarge!)



My Mom's comment was, "Oh my GOD, that's supposed to be Wolverine? They couldn't get anyone better? I mean, he has MOOBS." I think this accurately sums it up. ;D

The Hulk rollercoaster (which I did NOT go on).


Spiderman! Spiderman! Does whatever a spider can! And Mary pretends her 3D glasses are stunna shades.


The kind of directions I am wont to give (ask Bethany or my Mom).

Every 90's kid's dream vacation spot. Also, see why I'm smiling? It's because I'm holding still, and that means he can't see me. :)



There is just such a wealth of bad dinosaur puns. I LOVE it.



The family Coat of Arms. They had one of those crest and sword shops. I love that kind of stuff.

NOW ON TO THE GOOD STUFF:::

The village of Hogsmeade. My first thought upon seeing pics was how ridiculous it is to have fake snow capping the buildings when it's 85 degrees outside and the rest of the park is decorated with palm trees. But that's what's so cool about this park. They ACED creating the environment. There are no vending machines or modern-looking/muggle things around. Even the ATM's are cleverly disguised as Gringott's Wizarding Bank outposts. They somehow managed to grow firs and pines, and it's just amazing. You REALLY feel like you're in the books. Or movies.


In a shop window. I wish there had been an actual shop! I want to read Gilderoy Lockhart's books! But his pictures moved, which was quite enough for me. :))


Inside Zonko's joke shop.

Honeyduke's and the vast assortment of Every Flavour Beans.


The lovely conductor of the Hogwarts Express.


This timetable is one of those "extraordinary attention to detail" things. :))



See why I'm smiling? It's because I know Sirius Black is innocent, and he escapes on a hippogriff. Also, he's the world's most kickass godfather ever. Oh, and his picture moves:

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic
SO AWESOME. I sat and stared at it for like, 5 whole minutes with a guppy face.


The Hogwarts Castle itself is indescribably amazing. It was just...like, if this had been open when I was 12 and the books were still coming out, I probably would've wet myself it's that awesome. There are amazing tapestries and more moving portraits and even more MINUTIAE. The ride is probably my new favorite theme park ride ever. As aforementioned, I really hate roller coasters, but this ride was like, fast and awesome and fun without making me want to vomit. Also, it had all the characters! And dragons! And dementors! And the Whomping Willow! And quidditch! And Malfoy! It's such a blast. YOU NEED TO GO!

According to the girl behind me who had "like, never seen the movies" this was "OMG it's like, a singing hat! That's SOOOO cute!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




THEY HAD THE MARAUDER'S MAP and the feet on it MOVED. I almost squealed. The Marauder's era is my favorite. Unfortunately, the replica map was FIFTY DOLLARS. What is this business, I ask?? It doesn't even move! I hope you step on a lego, Universal Studios pricing department.

"Mischief Managed."


Pulling a Malfoy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So the Butterbeer really IS pretty good. I mean, it's basically glorified cream soda. I'm still trying to debate if waiting in line for 35+ minutes was worth it. Yeah, there's a line for the BUTTERBEER. If you've never had it, you must try it. But now that I have, I'm not sure I'd wait that long again.

I want this sign for my front door.


"Three turns should do it, I think." -->Timeturner!


It really was pretty spectacular. SO glad I went. And as I've said before, if you get the opportunity to go, you really should. It's a pretty good time.

In parting, here's one of my favorite songs from the "Prisoner of Azkaban" soundtrack (the best one, in my opinion), for some mood music to go with all those pics:


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment