Great White Snark: I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm leaving on a jet plane.


Oh, readers, in my life when it rains it pours. 
  Luckily, I've always liked the rain.
 
 In the last 24 hours I quit my job, drained my bank account (not entirely...I'm worth less than my handbag though, which is very pathetic), and will hop on a plane for the first time in my life to a city I've never seen. 
 
Needless to say, I have been a very tightly wound bundle of nerves for the last few days. 
 Those of you who know me know why I quit Plato's and those of you who don't know probably don't need to. But the meat of it is this: if I don't start taking a stand and focusing on MY future and my career, I will end up working behind a register for the rest of my life. I can do better than that. I've worked hard enough to do better than that. And I want something more. "I want so much more than they've got planned," to quote a particular favorite princess of mine. Anyway, it wasn't a vengeful or malicious parting at all. Everything was very quietly handled and now it's over. So when I come home, I will be unemployed (but at least I'll have a check waiting for me, so I'll be worth only slightly more than my handbag, which is still remarkably depressing). I'm going to dedicate all my time to finding the Elusive Real Job, because these things apparently exist, and I'd like one. Kind of like unicorns. 
 
In about an hour and a half, I'll be leaving for Orlando International Airport to get on a plane. I've been there a myriad of times to pick people up but I've never been the one flying! Adventures! Also, like I've promised, I've been live-tweeting the whole thing. Follow me at @eatdrink_bemary on Twitter to read about it! Or don't follow me. I think I've changed my settings so you can see my tweets without being a follower. IT'S BECAUSE I'M SO FAMOUS, GUYS. 
 
So anyway. I haven't eaten in like 3 days because I've been so stressed about quitting my job and getting everything ready for this trip. But, despite my queasiness, I feel like everything I'm doing is wonderful. I'll come home to a clean slate and a bit of a challenge (in finding a job), but I'll hopefully have my retail days behind me and the experience of flying to a strange city, hailing cabs, and checking into hotel rooms all under my belt. 
 
Omg, I am so pathetic. I am like a giant 5 year old playing "grown up." Whatever. At least I have a killer sense of style. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment