Great White Snark: Oh, life, it's bigger than you and you are not me.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh, life, it's bigger than you and you are not me.

Tonight's one of those nights where I fully intend to overdose. On R.E.M. To the point of having Michael Stipe poisoning in my system. 

So how is my life, you might ask?

   

Dull. Very dull, which is why I haven't blogged a lot lately. I keep meaning to do it more. And I've come really close to posting an "I'm taking an indefinite hiatus from blogging post" but I can't bring myself to do it. I always think of like 12 consecutive posts right after I contemplate stopping. So I'm going to keep going. At a very glacial pace. That's okay though. I'd rather make fewer posts with stuff people might actually care to read about as opposed to a lot of fluff.

Work is okay. It's very time-consuming, this "adulthood" business. And it leaves very little scope for the imagination. However, it's merely a stepping-stone on the way (to wherever it is I'm going), which is why I took the job in the first place. 

Everyone says (and by "everyone" I mean self-actualized 19 year olds and self-help gurus) that in order to be happy you have to do something fulfilling, something that you're passionate about every day. Here's my problem: I have no idea what fulfills me or what I'm passionate about.

Things I Might Be Passionate About:
-animals
-reading
-Sherlock Holmes
-Harry Potter
-Halloween
-intense, fictional romances with characters who never existed
-gif files
-cake
-Conan O'Brien

That's really about it. And I doubt I can make a career out of decorating for Halloween, eating cake, cuddling puppies and watching Conan while posting copious amounts of gif's. But it sure would be nice! Anyway, I have a huge list of things I know I don't want to do with my life. Just none on the other side of the column. I'll figure it out one day, I'm sure. Probably I'll just fall into doing it and wake up one day realizing that I love what I'm doing.

Despite all that, I do really, sincerely feel that I'm where I need to be at this point in my life. So I'm just trying not to whine too terribly much and go along for the ride. 




Sorry for the lack of consistent/interesting posts, and thank you so much to everyone who still reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment