Great White Snark: Yellow is the color of my true love's hair in the morning when we rise.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yellow is the color of my true love's hair in the morning when we rise.


My deepest apologies for not posting last night. This has been my fear with doing a multi-part series. I just have a tendency to do that. And apparently school takes time. Who knew?

In continuation of the Fall Fashion series...
-fur
-camel
-1950's
-menswear
-colors
-capes


Colors!


Although black usually (and still does) dominates the fall runways, there were certain, noticeable shocks of color peppered throughout. This makes me really happy. Usually the assumption is that colors stop once August is through ("no white after Labour Day" and all that rubbish). Then it's only acceptable to wear black, gray...maybe some "fall" colors like browns and really deep purples.

Well, I'm happy to announce that majorly bright colors seem to be in this fall. I always like to wear color, almost especially in the winter, just because it's unexpected. You stand out amidst a sea of gray. And I always like to stand out. ;)


It looked to me like there were a couple of colors that would stand out above the rest: military/olive green; minty, teal, turquoisey blue; and crimson and pumpkin colors.

I LOVE the blue-green colors and the pumpkiny ones. I'm not so crazy about the olive green. I feel like a very little bit of that goes a long way. To each their own, I suppose.

Here are my versions:

This color pairs nicely with denim and black. Add feminine details and steer clear of too many military-esque accessories (ie: if you do aviators, skip dog tags, etc.) to avoid looking too costumey. Even Uncle Sam won't want you then.


You can go monochromatic blue, but I feel like it's kind of overkill, especially if you do all the same shade. We don't want to cross into Smurf territory. If you do head-to-toe blue (a look I really like), break up the shades a bit (dark on bottom, light on top, etc.) I do love accessories in this color though! I'd totally wear the hat, knee-highs, belt, and even the cardigan.


I really like this color. I think it's incredibly refreshing. I'd steer clear of pinky shades of orange--look more for cinnamon/pumpkin colors to keep it from looking like coral, which is definitely more of a Spring color. Although, I guess we're breaking rules anyway, so if you want to take it and run, GO FOR IT. There are no rules here in the Sea of Snark. Except no stupid people. But if you're reading this blog, you're not stupid. :)

Up next: capes and camel! Both of which are too small to merit their own post so I'll combine them.

For all of you who started school, I hope it's going fantastically so far. And I hope you're enjoying this miniseries of mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment