Great White Snark: And we lived beneath the waves in our Yellow Submarine.

Monday, August 2, 2010

And we lived beneath the waves in our Yellow Submarine.




Last night, around 9PM, our house absolutely FLOODED.

I mean, it was INCHES deep. About up to my ankles. Here's the odd part: it was the downstairs toilet that flooded, but no one had used it ALL DAY. We have no idea why. Apparently, it was just running and overflowed. Massively.

Dad, Mom, Michael and I swept like maniacs (Michael kept singing "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor?" much to my dad's chagrin, lol) trying to get the water out, but we only have ONE broom. And we saturated every towel in the house.

The water flooded my bathroom, the kitchen, my ex-bedroom/guest room, the laundry room and half of the living and dining rooms. Basically, the whole downstairs except for my parents' room.

My pretty Halloween bathroom =(


The dining room:

Bixby's like "Wtf??"

The laundry room:


Our living room (aka: the stuff receptacle):


And our kitchen:


My mom is heartbroken. None of our kitchen appliances work except the fridge and the microwave. The insurance guys were here until almost 2:30AM last night, and they put all those massive fans in (I think we have about 20 going constantly) to try and get the moisture out. But he said it's pretty much too late. He said we have tens of thousands of dollars worth of water damage and if we're LUCKY the house will be back to normal in 3-6 months. Which means from now until like, Christmas, the house is going to be kind of a disaster.

More insurance and demolition people are coming out today to give more estimates and tear out more water damaged areas. They've already torn up the kitchen and some of the wood floors (all of them will have to be replaced eventually). All of the cabinets and faucets will have to be replaced in the kitchen, laundry room and my bathroom.

And the fans are SO LOUD. I tried to make a sound file for you but it just sounded like white noise on a bad TV station. Know this: that noise is a thousand times less annoying than the fans. And they have to run CONSTANTLY from now until Thursday. I feel bad for my parents because the fans go right up to their bedroom. At least Michael and I can go upstairs and shut our doors.

Also, it's good I moved up here last summer, because otherwise my entire bedroom would be destroyed. That room received the most damage. I couldn't even get in to take a pic, that's how bad it was.

The dogs are horrified (Chichi especially, lol) and terribly confused.


It's pretty sucky.

Anyway, that's what's new with me! I will keep taking pics and keep you guys posted on what's going on.


La la la...

No comments:

Post a Comment