Great White Snark: Hufflepug.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hufflepug.



Had a bit of a Bixby scare today.

Bixby is a really lousy swimmer. This is fact. Once, last summer, when he was still quite a baby, he accidentally fell in the pool. And instead of even trying to doggie paddle, he just sunk. Like a rock. And he looks up at you as he's sinking to the bottom of the pool, and it's just like, "This is it, I guess I'm dead." He doesn't even TRY.

Well, he fell in again today. He's a lot bigger now, but he did the EXACT same thing. He just plopped in and started to sink. He has ZERO swimming instincts. He's an instinct fail.

Luckily, my Mom dragged him out and he's fine (just a little wet and bothered). But I think this summer I'll have to bring him in the pool and try to teach him to swim. Just a little bit. Like, maybe just to move his legs in the water or something. It's really pathetic.

He has a lot of little personality quirks. He collects rocks on his walks. He picks them up in his mouth and carries them home and puts them in a pile with the other stuff he collects. He had a small pile going outside on the pool deck, and one day it started to rain. So he goes out there, and one by one carries the rocks up under the eaves by the door. To keep them safe. While I think this habit is adorable and completely harmless, it drives my Mom crazy for some reason, so she's always tossing out his rock collections. He doesn't seem to mind, though. He just gathers more. I think he's building something when no one's looking.

My dad says he wears his heart on his sleeve, and this is utterly true. He cries about everything. When you give him a treat or a toy, he runs around crying because he's so happy with it. After he got out of the pool today, he sat on the pool deck crying because he was so upset. He cries when I leave for school. He cries when my car pulls up in the driveway. He's SUPER emotional.

I LOVE him. He is utterly ridiculous, not highly intelligent, and a really lousy watch dog, but he acts like I am God's gift to the Earth, and frankly, I'm not about to complain about it. He's such a little sweetie. And so different from Sassy. In EVERY way, which I think was good for me.

Let it put it this way: Sassy was a Slytherin. Bixby is a Hufflepuff.

UCF colors = Hufflepuff colors. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment