Great White Snark: And for once it might be grand to have someone understand...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

And for once it might be grand to have someone understand...


Hi!

So not a whole lot is new. I'm overall glad to be back at work, because it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something. And it's just the right amount this time (SCORE!) because I feel like I'm maintaining a normal level of stress. So this is good.

School is going well, too, even though I've become very lazy and lackadaisical about the whole thing. Which I guess is to be expected of 5th year seniors. I'm just ready to be done, I think.

Which leads me once again to the crisis of "What do I do after school?" I haven't worried about it yet because there's no sense in me looking for a job when I'm still finishing my degree. Come December though, I need to start at least looking. My manager today informed me she'd be happy to hire me on eventually as a store manager. You get paid an annual salary which increases based on how well your store does, but the starting pay is $27,000. Which is, admittedly, more than I've ever made. But I'll also be living alone--no roomates, boyfriend, husband, etc. to pay the difference. And I feel like I've KILLED myself getting my degree in English, which is something I'm so passionate about...the age old question is "what do you do with a degree in English?" and I'm not entirely sure, but something with words or books would be preferable.

Although, beggars can't be choosers, I suppose (and I'm like, worse than a beggar. I'm like a 20-something leech who never left home. THE HORROR!), but can you blame me for wanting something more? Something where I'm at least working in/around books and publication?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The nice thing is that I've never really had a "dream job." I'm not the kid who grew up practicing her Oscar's acceptance speech, so I can't be hurt if I don't win it. I'm completely open to any career path, which works well in the current job climate. At least I have an offer of some kind if nothing else works out, which is a blessing.

In other news, this show is AWESOME and I love it and omg, I'm so excited that it exists:

Anyone who likes fairy tales should at least check it out.

ALSO, I can't tell you how excited I am for the Sherlock Holmes sequel. It looks absolutely ridiculous, but STEPHEN FRY IS MYCROFT. Cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment