Great White Snark: First post of 2012!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

First post of 2012!



Laura Berger)


Happy New Year, Everyone!


I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and an awesome (safe!) time last night ringing in the new year. I know I've been quiet lately. I have been unpleasantly, disgustingly ill with the flu (I swear I have the sickliest constitution...I could've been a withering Austen heroine) and that, coupled with some familial stuff, has kept me either busy or in bed. The last few days I haven't even felt well enough to check my Facebook (or READ! Do you realize how awful it is to not feel like READING?), let alone write a blog post. So, anyway, I'm resting a bit and hoping to God I feel better soon, because I'm not one of those people who's happy to lie about in bed day after day.

For some excellent New Year's reading, I can't suggest Gala Darling enough. She always makes me feel fresh and sparkly inside, and I wanted to share her two newest articles with you!

1. 10 Fantastic Ways to Get Ready for 2012!
2. ...More Ways to Prepare Yourself for 2012!

I hope you all go out and buy a calendar or planner that makes you smile, and fill it up with your beautiful wishes, ambitions and plans for the new year! Don't worry about making and keeping resolutions. Focus on doing what makes you feel best, happiest and most fulfilled. And the only real resolution worth making (and keeping!) is to love more--others AND yourself. So many people give and give and give until they've got nothing left. And that kind of generosity is beautiful, but it's important to remember to give some love to yourself, too. So go ahead and buy that fun planner, eat that delicious new year's treat, get a glam pedicure or massage, and give yourself some love this year!

Love to all of you! And all the best for 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment