Great White Snark: "And the lion's roar is something that I have heard before."

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"And the lion's roar is something that I have heard before."


I'm back from Wedding No.2! It was BEAUTIFUL. It took place in Georgia at a plantation, and my Mom and I stayed in a town just outside the area called Thomasville.

I will admit: we came into Thomasville through the back way, and it was sketchy as HELL. Like, probably makes the top 3 of sketchiest places I've ever been. I was like:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was just NOT a place that two white females who are admittedly lost probably want to be. Alone. So we freaked out, but we finally got back on the main road and everything was fine and normal again. Our hotel was nice and everything, but we had a great time exploring the historic downtown.




It's cool, because the people who live there are passionate about preserving their town's history--and rightly so! I think more small towns need to remember their roots and keep a local economy as opposed to falling prey to the major chains. But that's a rant for another day. :)

My personal favorite place was this incredibly neat little shop called Firefly. I don't know who's in charge of their merchandising, but they should get a prize.


Love the Mason jar lamps!




This awesome "M" crest was on some stationery. I didn't buy it because it was pricey and I don't write as many letters as I used to, but it was such a cool design!

They had some awesome toys too, and this fox mask was one of my favs.





These were my purchases:

A handmade deer plushie/keychain (I named it Rosebud), an owl bookmark, and this AWESOME little purse with a Union Jack on it. You open it up and inside is cherry lip balm! WINNING! And get the name: "purse your lips." SO CLEVER, RIGHT??

The town had some other fascinating shops with lots of cool, kitschy wares.



These were inside one of the antique shops (of which there were many). It looks like a film set! I want to live in BOTH of these rooms!




And then, of course, there was the venue, Pebble Hill Plantation. SO GORGEOUS. I wasn't even aware that places this pretty existed in the USA. I would absolutely LOVE to go back for a proper visit...unfortunately, we didn't have time over this weekend to actually take a legitimate tour. But I'd love to go back!




The house had (multiple) stables and a FAMILY CEMETERY. I'm not sure how one goes about obtaining a familial crypt, but I TOTALLY intend to do so.



And of course, the wedding. Which was so lovely--a fairytale day and I can't think of a couple who deserves it more.


The actual ceremony took place under this ancient oak tree.






Congratulations, Jon and Elizabeth! I wish you the absolute best of everything in your future together. :)



And now, we'll finish with some gratuitous pictures of the blogger. ;)




Also, a song/music video. I read about this band in Nylon, and couldn't BELIEVE they were from Sweden! A lot of the shops in Thomasville also played their album, so I thought this was an appropriate time to share. :)

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment