Great White Snark: Millie vs. The Squirrel

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Millie vs. The Squirrel

Okay, so I'm an armchair ornithologist (among other things). I adore birds and bird feeding. So I have a window feeder that I've had up for about seven months and only JUST recently had birds starting coming to it. It's migration/mating season, so bird traffic is pretty heavy.

Well, this morning, I had a very humorous series of events take place that I managed to get on camera and wanted to share with you.


Exhibit A: the now crooked window feeder


Exhibit B: The Squirrel who discovered my feeder was a magical wellspring of seeds and deliciousness (the way he's holding his paw worries me...I hope he didn't injure it. He might just be holding some seed or something).


Exhibit C: Michael's usually completely useless dog, Millie. Millie is something of a space cadet. She whimpers at the sight of anything coming towards her, gets scared of her toys and blankets, and will literally spend 20-30 minutes at a time staring off into space. She also counts out all her pieces of food before she eats them. I wish I was making this stuff up, but I'm not quite that creative.

So The Squirrel notices the bird feeder is full of seeds and wow, there's a window sill right there for him to sit on. Millie happened to notice and went BANANAS over the fact that there is a bushy-tailed rodent sitting on HER window (and by her, I mean mine).

He comes sneaking up, and she's LIVID, whining and crying and scratching the glass.





Of course, he wasn't deterred by her at all. Isn't he cute?!?





This is pretty much what she's been doing for the rest of the day. Silly Millie.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment