Great White Snark: "For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."




{Photo Credit}

My life has become utterly boring.

I'd like to blame this on a few things:
a) All of my friends are either busy leading real lives or they don't live near enough to me for us to engage in shenanigans
b) I only go to school 1 day a week and work minimal hours at the world's dullest job
c)...I'm sure I had a third reason, but it escapes me at the moment.

This new era in dullness has, unfortunately, seeped its way into my blog. This is why I could never be paid to write. Because one week I'm exploding with ideas and things to say, and the next, I enter into an inescapable dry spell which lasts, in this case, MONTHS.

I didn't even remember to properly celebrate my blog's bday this past January. How sad! I'll celebrate the 1.5 milestone in June, I suppose.

So, what have I been doing? Well, school, generally. Some kickboxing and zumba. Dreaming up ways I'd love to decorate an apartment WHEN I finally get one. Wishing to God I had a degree and could start trying to find a job and be a "real" person. Imagining lesson plans I'd like to teach future students one day far off in the future. Wishing I had an endless source of money and knowing I'd be no happier with it even I did. Wondering how girls like Kate Middleton manage to bag a prince and if there are steps one can take to accomplish the same. ;) Reading. I'm always reading. But at least this semester I'm reading loads of Jane Austen, which feels like pleasure but is actually work. So I'm quite alright with that.

My two favorites remain Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. For those of you who've read them, or who might read them, scratch the prince sentiment above: I want Colonel Brandon. :)))

My education courses are teaching me NOTHING (although I did get invited by one girl in my class to a "pleasure party," whereupon I found out that this is a kind of party in which a representative from an "adult emporium" comes to one's house, pedals their wares, and games are played with said wares. It concerns me that this girl will one day be teaching my kids and their friends...), but thankfully, there are plethora of books teaching one how to teach. I will read these later, when I'm finished being a lit major and having massive heaps of required reading.

Speaking of required reading, I think my eyes are going bad. I've had my glasses about four years and all of a sudden, they've stopped working. Which means I can read for about an hour before I get these lovely, skull-splitting headaches. I have an appointment this Thursday. Let's hope I'm not as blind as I sometimes feel.

Also, in one of my "side readings" (the things I read on the side), I read about an 18th century account of the condom. It was pretty hysterical, actually, until I realized that I was sitting in my house, alone, laughing so hard I was crying over pig intestine condoms tied up with pink satin ribbon (it's official. I'm a 12 year old boy when it comes to that stuff).

But seriously, there was a guy named DOCTOR CONDOM. I CAN'T be the only one who finds that amusing, right????


*sigh*
Anyway. This is a snapshot of my life at this moment. I apologize to my regular readers for the lack of quality material lately. Give me some time, ask me questions, give me some suggestions. Tell me I'm a berk for all I care. Just bear with me through "the dry spell." I've got a couple things in my snarky back pocket, just in case. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment