Great White Snark: Always I wanna be with you and make believe with you and live in harmony, harmony OH LOVE!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Always I wanna be with you and make believe with you and live in harmony, harmony OH LOVE!


Well, there's been a lot happening recently in the news and life and whatever, and I've been pretty quiet around here lately. Mostly this is because my "finals week" has been dragging on since the week before last, and just ended today. So now I'd like to say what I think about some stuff.



Death of Osama Bin Laden

Right, here's the deal. I don't know how anyone who sat in front of a TV in school on September 11th and watched as their lives changed FOREVER isn't absolutely overjoyed that justice has been finally dealt to the guy responsible for that HEINOUS crime against us, and humanity at large. Rejoicing in murder is wrong, however, rejoicing in justice is perfectly acceptable. And I couldn't be happier that they finally caught the rat-bastard responsible for 9/11.

Here's my only problem. Obama will get all the credit. And I mean, credit where credit is due--he did manage to do this under his term. However, I'd just like to point out that it was President Bush who initiated the war on terror, and President Obama who wanted to withdraw our troops and call it quits. Really, I think this is Bush's victory just as much (probably more than) as Obama's. Just saying. I mean, the guy said some abysmally moronic stuff, but a) that was great for a laugh and b) he did what everyone needed after 9/11: stepped up as a leader and a former soldier, and declared war on the people who attacked us. So thanks, President Bush, for putting all of this into motion.


My only concern now is the fact that you probably can't kill the leader of the world's most volatile terrorist organization without repercussions of some kind. Constant vigilance, USA.

The Royal Wedding
For everyone who thinks it was unamerican to care about the Wedding, I think you're full of craps. Plural craps. I know we fought a Revolution with them, but that was 200 years ago. If you're still hung up on that, why are you okay with the end of slavery? Really, guys? Here's the deal: the UK is one of the only nations in the world who doesn't entirely hate our guts. When we went to war, they were the first to step up and fight alongside us. So they're our allies, and if I want to care about the Wedding, then that doesn't make me a shallow USA-hating money-squandering communist or anything, okay?

All that being said, the ceremony was lovely. I'm so happy for William...I feel like he deserves to be completely happy after all that he's been through. And Catherine is BEAUTIFUL, and I think the pair of them would make a couple of pretty awesome monarchs.

PICSPAM!
^ This has nothing to do with the wedding, but I just thought it was adorbs.


She is SO PRETTY! Thank you, Princess Catherine, for making sleeves on a wedding dress chic again!

Favorite parts of the ceremony:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lol, I think this is so cute. It's one of those "We're BFF's and have inside jokes and yeah, we're laughing at them in front of the ENTIRE WORLD" looks. :DDD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And since Prince Harry looked surprisingly dashing, here's a bonus gif of him being an awesome baby:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well done, England! Thanks for giving us something nice to watch this weekend.

The End of the Semester

I don't know about the anime angel girl, but whatever, THIS is how I feel about this semester being over. It was easily the strangest and therefore, my LEAST favorite semester of college ever. So glad it's over. I feel like I've been off school since Christmas, and I hate not being in classrooms with other people. Even though when I AM in classes with other people, I see it only as an opportunity to snark them and give them all Seinfeld-esque nicknames. I still end up meeting nice people, and I missed that. Plus, my education classes were absolute jokes. So yeah. Yay for that being over!

The Upcoming Semester
Not so excited, but this is my last semester of college! Then I graduate in August! This is reason for excitement! Regrettably, all I'm taking are upper level electives. Electives = good, upper level= bad. But honestly. I just need C's in them to graduate. So I'm not planning on getting ulcers stressing out about this semester. Here's how my schedule looks:
♥Evolution of Video Games (summer C, in class)
♥Professional Writing (summer A, online)
♥Medieval Humanities (summer A, online)
♥Caribbean Literature (summer A, online)
♥Lit and Pop Culture (summer B, in class)

I have no idea wtf Caribbean lit actually is, but I'm sure I'll let you know when classes start in 2 weeks.

Robot Unicorn Attack
I just discovered it. I basically was like this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You think you're not gonna like it. And you play it once and you're like, "Wow that was a waste of time." Then that SONG gets stuck in your head and you're like, "Maybe I should play it again." I LOVE IT! Even though I was severely disappointed to learn that a) there is only one level with only that ONE song and b) you can't actually win. Still. It's fun and worth trying.
Click here (you know you want to)!


Erm, I think that's about it. Bixby is doing well at school! He's still shy, but he's actually smarter than the average potato, which has been pleasantly surprising. Also, I didn't realize how much training helps the bonding process, but I highly recommend it for dog owners, just because it is really good for the pair of you to engage in something constructive together. Like marital counseling for people with pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment