Great White Snark: Latest and greatest treasure find...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Latest and greatest treasure find...

I'm just so excited about what I found at Goodwill today that I had to share. It's...



...this adorable bag! I'm kind of on a vintage bag kick right now. I just love the classy, lady-like vibe they give off, and they're usually more structured, which is both practical and really "in" right now. They make me feel like I need to wear actual pantyhose (does anyone actually wear these anymore?), and red lipstick, and just be generally more like Rita Hayworth, Hedy Lamarr, and Katharine Hepburn.
Center closed.
Okay, so it has an outside pocket (sunglasses and cell phone), two open outer pockets, and then an inner pocket which closes with a kisslock clasp. SO CUTE. And it's pretty roomy for a vintage purse, which is nice because we generally carry a lot more crap with us now than they did then.

Center open!
Bonus pic with Bixby.
Plus, the color is a big departure for me. I usually tend to favor blacks and camel brown in handbags just because they go with everything. When I do color, it's usually like, purples, blues, or leopard print (which I consider to be a neutral, so sue me). But this color is so pretty in person! It's like Burgundy and Carnelian had a love-child. Perfect for fall/winter! 

Best part? THE PRICE! I got it for $4!!! 

I found similar ones on Etsy, but they run about $25 plus shipping. So I think I got a pretty good deal. Just wanted to share, because I love good finds like that! 

(Aforementioned Etsy bags here and here.)





No comments:

Post a Comment