Great White Snark: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!





(Or "Pugsgiving" if you're so inclined.)



I just really like that line of poetry by Rita Dove from her poem "Testimonial." Fortunately, I know the names of some of my blessings. Here they are:

My awesome family. Bixby. Friends: Bethany, Ryan, Meagan, Elizabeth, Sean, Athia, Anna, Francesco, Schuyler, Brian, Christine, Cody/Aubri/Audi and all the "B's," and everyone else who's been there to chat, listen, and make me smile. MY HOUSE. It's amazing how you can take things like running water, working appliances (MICROWAVE FTW), and a table to eat at for granted. My bedroom, and on that note, my dream bedding, which I now own. Tuberose. The Beatles. Fun soaps. Imagination. Strawberries. Imagination. Books and reading in general (special mention to Arthur Conan Doilies who, even though I have a love/hate relationship with, did in fact create Sherlock Holmes). Music. Singing. Fluffy pillows and cozy blankets. Purses! Perfume. The color black. Sherman. Animals in general. Clearly they're a good idea since God made them first. The ocean. Living in Florida, where there's no snow, no rusty cars, and the beach is 45 minutes away at all times. Cuppycakes. Shopping. The internets. The readers of my blog. Sparkly things. Being a girl in general. Joan Jett. Dancing. Vanilla milkshakes. Intelligence. Self-worth. Inspiration. Love.




Also, if you're participating in Black Friday, BE SAFE (physically, financially...emotionally?)! I always kind of picture it like this:


And no, even though shopping is probably my all-time favorite thing to do, I don't and won't be going out tomorrow. Let me know how it is!


Mostly, I hope you all have a wonderful, beautiful Thanksgiving and are able to enjoy good food and the company of people you love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment