Great White Snark: Just a victim of circumstance.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just a victim of circumstance.




I absolutely love Joan Jett. She is one of my favorite musicians and seems like an all around awesome human being. I bought a greatest hits CD of hers a while back (right after graduating high school) and it remains one of the only CD's I can listen to start to finish and really love every single song. That NEVER happens. Also, her songs are relevant to everything all the time. Like, every time something happens, there's a Joan Jett song for that.

I also love that her original work is awesome, but where she excels is covers. It's hard to be a decent cover artist without totally raping the original version. Joan manages to cover songs, maintain the original integrity of the work, and add her own flare and distinctive style to every song she does (as evidenced above).









OMG BETSEY JOHNSON AND JOAN JETT. TOGETHER. WHY WASN'T I INVITED???








Also, she's apparently ageless.

Songs I recommend: Crimson and Clover, Everyday People, I Hate Myself (for Loving You), Run Away, Little Liar, Do You Wanna Touch, School Days, Fake Friends, Cherry Bomb, Victim of Circumstance, World of Denial, Love is All Around

No comments:

Post a Comment