Great White Snark: I'm bothered.

Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm bothered.


http://robertisbothered.com


"Robert is Bothered" is the best late night bit I've seen in forever. Especially when Rob Pattinson himself makes an appearance and is bothered by Jimmy Fallon playing him being bothered.

JUST WATCH IT.

Well, I was in the bookstore the other day and I had the heinous misfortune of seeing the following, and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs in Fallon's crummy Queen's English, "I'M BOTHERED."





And this one's the last straw:



BOTHERED.

This is so ridiculous. I mean. I guess I can't be all angry, because Twilight did mention all three books by name and led otherwise literarily deprived young women to read these awesome books. BUT RE-COVERING THEM TO LOOK LIKE TWILIGHT?!?

NO!

NOT NECESSARY.

SHAKESPEARE WOULD NOT APPROVE AND DON'T FOR ONE MINUTE BELIEVE JANE AUSTEN WOULD, EITHER. SHE WROTE ABOUT TWIHARDS BEFORE THEY EVEN EXISTED IN NORTHANGER ABBEY. BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW THAT BECAUSE THE COVER LOOKS LIKE THIS
NOT THIS.



So, here's the deal. I liked the Twilight series. But I love these books even more. And it really BOTHERS ME that publishers figured, "Why yes, if we re-cover them using flowers and ribbons in a black, white and red theme, CLEARLY they will sell better." I feel like this cheapens the integrity of the words INSIDE the cover. Because Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights both vie for my all time favorite book. I guess this just made me sad that people won't even consider reading the classics unless it's revamped (no pun intended) to be rife with pop culture.



/end rant.



In other news, I think my foot is getting worse. Furthermore, my other foot is starting to hurt now, too, because I'm favoring it.

I am blaming ALL OF THIS on my lactose intolerance. If I could drink a glass of milk every single morning like I WANT TO, I wouldn't have such crummy bones. And feet.

Anyway, now I'm super paranoid that I'm going to cause a stress fracture in the other foot, and I super don't want TWO messed up feet. This of course can be remedied if I like, stopped working. Which I don't want to do. But I think I may have to talk to them about my hours and stuff, because I really don't want to be in a cast once school starts.

Also depressing: the only thing I can wear with the hideous walking boot are long dresses and peasant skirts. I perpetually look like pregnant Gwen Stefani or a crazy religious fanatic, like the Duggar family. I know they're unflattering for me. But what am I supposed to do? Wear skinny jeans and tuck them into the boot? Not so much.


Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated about the whole thing.


Okay, now /end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment