Great White Snark: Baby it's COLD outside!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby it's COLD outside!



At least it's not 1901.

To say that the last few days have been insane would be putting it mildly.

My grandmother is in town. I won't say anything else on the subject, because (especially on the internet) if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

What IS nice is that I get to see her. She lives alone in NC so we seldom get to see her, and she rarely gets a real Christmas. She doesn't even decorate her place. She goes to church and comes home and makes a TV dinner and then opens the gifts we've mailed her on Christmas morning. It makes me feel much better knowing that she got to help us decorate the tree and will have a real Christmas with family. Because that's, I think, how Christmas ought to be done.

School is done, and I couldn't be happier. It's so nice waking up in the morning and knowing you don't actually HAVE to read or write or do anything school related. I enjoy zero obligation (Psychoanalysts: have at it.).

In other news, my wisdom teeth are giving me hell. I asked if I could keep the X-rays because I wanted to post them on here (THE FIRST AMENDMENT SAYS I CAN POST WHATEVER I WANT, OKAY??), but they wouldn't let me have them. Anyway, the bottom left one is coming in at an impossible angle and it's pretty much excruciating. It usually flares really bad like twice a month, but this time it'd been like 6 days and it was getting WORSE. So I did some reading (thanks, WebMD!) and pretty much determined that it was most definitely infected. So I talked with the oral surgeon, who confirmed my diagnosis (yes!) and gave me some antibiotics. I was supposed to have them out on Jan. 5th, but he's like, "We definitely need those out ASAP, or you're gonna get abscesses and all other kinds of nastiness." He wanted to do it this week, but it's way too swollen and he said they won't do it while it's infected because they don't want to spread the bacteria. So I have a week of pills (and this heinous RX mouthwash. Oh. My. GOD. I have never had the utter displeasure of something so VILE in my mouth in all my days. It is POISONOUS.) and then off with their little toothy heads!

Unfortunately, my surgery is on the 23rd. I'm not too bothered by it because it's an excuse to be logy and grumpy on Christmas. I jest. But really, not a big deal. EXCEPT. This will be the second year in row that I haven't had Christmas dinner and church with my family. Last year, I had to work Christmas Eve night in the candy store, so I got McDonald's and went to midnight mass alone (my family had Outback. JEALOUS.). This year, I'll be laid up with gauze in my mouth to keep the air from sucking blood clots from the massive, gaping cavities in my mouth. Needless to say, no Christmas dinner. And no dressing up for mass. POO!

Oh well. In the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse. My grandpa (husband of aforementioned grandma) had a heart attack on the 23rd fourteen years ago and died. Suddenly, bitching about my wisdom teeth seems incredibly petty.



PS: BRR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment