Great White Snark: It's on like Donkey Kong.

Monday, June 20, 2011

It's on like Donkey Kong.


So those of you who know me know that if it's put into a documentary, I will watch it. I just have this thing about well done documentaries. I'm crazy about them. So imagine my pleasure when, last week in my Evolution of Video Games class, we spent the entire class period watching A DOCUMENTARY.

It's called, "The King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters." It's basically about the guy who set the world record for arcade Donkey Kong back in 1982 and how he's being challenged by a sweet nobody from Washington State. And the nobody guy, Steve Weibe, is GOOD. He plays his games up to a million points (Billy's high score was 800,000 something). And even though he CAN do this and has proven it time and time again, the video game community just REFUSES to recognize his records. It's sad, but awesome.
When it first started I was like
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then I was like

And at the end I was like

It's like "Trekkies" in that it opens your eyes up to this world that you didn't even know existed. And to those people, it IS the whole world.
I LOVE stuff like that.

I got it for my dad for Father's Day, and if you have a dad or a boyfriend or brother who's into video games, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet as far as presents go. And it was $5.99 at Barnes & Noble. BEAT THAT.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you guys. Not much else is new with me at this point. Just plunking along.

Maybe I should attempt to beat a video game world record. HMMM...

No comments:

Post a Comment