Great White Snark: “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”


This post is about my best friend, Bethany, and the fact that I'm happy we've been friends since we were like, 15.

We've been to a couple formal things together (we like to unintentionally match)...



We will always take our best picture ourselves (you know, the arm-stretched-out-myspace-self-portrait kind).

And when we take pics, I will almost always be on the right and she will be on the left (but to you looking at the pic, it's reversed. VISION FTW.). It's also nice that we're not in our awkward puberty phases anymore. ;)

And the more things change, the more things stay the same. Like, I will wear skirts to the beach (because for whatever reason, my messed up mind thinks this is LOGICAL) and Beth will wear capris. And the beach will always be our favorite place to go.

I have bazillions more photos, but these ones just highlight that even though we've grown older, we haven't really grown apart. Which is pretty awesome. And she's pretty awesome. It's okay to be jealous.

I'm sad because she lives 4 hours away now, but we talk almost every night and try to see each other as much as possible. Also, she's studying to be a Physician's Assistant, which means that she a) works her butt off, b) is smarter than I am and probably smarter than you too, and c) will end up saving lives like the heroic BAMF that she is. She's a really hard worker and the best studier I know and so whenever I feel useless and unmotivated, I think of her and how persevering and hard working she is. I think that friends should inspire you, and if they don't you probably don't need them.

So even though I miss her, it's okay.

Friend quotes           walk beside
TL;DR: I have a best friend and I miss her and she's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment