Great White Snark: Ordinary people think merely of spending time. Great people think of using it.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ordinary people think merely of spending time. Great people think of using it.


Those of you who've been reading for a while or who know me relatively well know I have a thing with planners. I love them. I need them. I lost one once and sat around not knowing what to do with myself. I'm just one of those people who needs to write everything down and see what I need to do before me.
I dream one day of splurging on a Filofax and pimping it out to the max--with little sticky notes and folders and pouches. Omg, be still my beating heart!

Anyway, I wanted to post the new one I got! Unfortunately, I've gotten into the cycle of buying student planners, which means they start in August and run out in July, so I'm not sure when I'll ever manage to buy a calendar that starts in January like most people. I digress. I've been using Blue Sky planners for about 3-4 years now and I love them the most. Even when I try other ones (ahem-Dayrunner-ahem) I end up coming back to them, because I like the size (slim but with everything you need inside), the monthly/weekly layout and how there's enough room for me to write everything I need and then some.

I found this one at Staples, and it has a clear cover for inserting pics. PERFECT, because I'm one of those maniacal idiot girls who has to customize everything she owns. Well, not really. Just my planners. ANYWAY, pics (click to enlarge if you feel so inclined):

The cover. I keep a box of magazine clippings (this is a compulsive thing I do while I watch TV--clip stuff out of magazines. DO NOT JUDGE ME.) and like to collage them onto stuff. Namely my planners. Anyway, this one's a little frou-frou, but I love the Oscar Wilde quote.


The inside cover.



Detail! Awesome fortune cookie thing, quote by Thoreau, and Hogwarts sticker that came on a Valentine I got.


This was the first page. It just said a bunch of boring stuff like, "BlueSky Planner 2011-2012." Well, I know all that, so I put in a pic of the beach (Cocoa, to be exact) and utilized more fortune cookie sayings (another compulsion, I'm afraid).



I made a pocket on the back cover using the front of a greeting card that happened to match nicely. I keep my gym schedule, Operation Beautiful sticky notes, business cards and other random crap in there. Oh, and gratuitous inspirational quote from JK Rowling.



YAY! Please don't stop reading my blog because I am an apparent nutcase have certain organizational needs. Do you guys have planners or stuff? Am I the only one who does this?

No comments:

Post a Comment