Great White Snark: Great kid! Don't get cocky.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Great kid! Don't get cocky.



(I can't believe this is my first outfit post. I will look back on this one day and go, "What on earth was I thinking?" But that's half the fun, isn't it?)



Jeans: F21 (via Plato's Closet); Shirt: Target; Vest, belt: thrifted; Boots: Ross



(The sun shone through the window for about four seconds, and one of them happened to be when the pic was taken! Shiny.)



So, as you can probably gather, I've been on a Star Wars kick lately. And for those of you who share my geekery, you can probably gather that this outfit is based on everyone's favorite badass, Han Solo. Something I love to do when getting dressed is take my inspiration from different and random places--movies, books, TV shows, characters, stories, historical figures, music, magazine ads, colors, objects...I find inspiration in the weirdest places. While this one is pretty obvious, I try to integrate little pieces of my various inspirations and make it wearable. I have to keep myself in check so I don't get too costumey (for example, I LOVE Marie Antoinette, and it's SO HARD to keep her style wearable for day-to-day business!). Anyway, expect more of this. And if YOU have anything you'd like to see me do, let me know! I'm always up for a fashion challenge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment