Great White Snark: General life update (complete with loads of GIF's. What did you expect?).

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

General life update (complete with loads of GIF's. What did you expect?).



"I am a writer, writer of fictions,
I am the heart that you call home
I've written pages upon pages
trying to rid you from my bones...”

--“The Engine Driver”
The Decemberists


So. I guess I promised you all the saucy details of my life, and far be it from me to lie to my adoring readers.

School
The video game class trudges on. It was really interesting in the beginning when we were learning about the dawn of the industry and all that. Now we're in the 90's, and it's not as cool. Although, I was reminded about DreamCast and the fact that we still have one, so I might have to dig that out sometime and give it a go.
School expectation:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Reality:


Work
Interviewed at one of the off-campus college bookstores (name and address withheld). It was the shortest interview of my life...it started at 10:30 and by 10:35 I was on my way back home. Needless to say, not too optimistic. I'll find out tomorrow or Friday for sure, though, so we'll see.
Work expectation:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Reality:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Personal Life
This shouldn't even get a bullet.
Expectation:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Reality:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What the hell do I actually do during the day?
I have no idea. I tool around the internet. I read. I run errands. My brother got a job at Universal Studios (AT THE HARRY POTTER THING!!!), so he has my car most days. It's very quiet. But here's the deal. This may well be my last summer of doing nothing. I'm very sincerely hoping by this time next year to have a career-type job and be working towards getting that apartment I've wanted so badly. And then, I'll be DYING for a summer of doing nothing. So I'm trying to appreciate the slow-paced laziness for what it is. We just never get what we want when we want it, do we?
My life expectations:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
ONE BIG AWESOME PARTY WITH GREAT LIGHTING.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reality:
Be a geek
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Play dress up...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
...sometimes with Bixby
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Have a deep and meaningful relationship with the interwebs
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Read.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



But you know what?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm happy. And I hope you all are, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment