Great White Snark

Monday, July 11, 2011


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly how he is."
What would you see if you looked into the Mirror of Erised?
I think this question varies depending on the stage of life in which you find yourself. For me, personally, as of this very second, I would see myself with someone I loved--boyfriend, fiancee, husband (since someone's going to be all 3 at some point anyway, right?)--and financially secure. Not obscenely wealthy, but enough for me to live on without concern and take care of my family as well. I'd be independent of them, but still in a close and loving relationship. Also Bixby would be there. And since the Mirror shows you in brutal honesty what you really want, Sassy would be there too, because sometimes I really do want her back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A Patronus is a kind of positive force, and for the wizard who can conjure one, it works something like a shield, with the Dementor feeding on it, rather than him. In order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory… Allow it to fill you up… lose yourself in it…
What form would your patronus take?
This is the second question after, "What house would get sorted into" that people love to discuss. Assuming I could even conjure one (it's supposed to be very difficult, advanced magic)...hmm. The most common animal, I think, people want to have as a patronus is a dog, since a lot of people get along with them. I think I fall into this category, too. But I also have a good rapport with horses. I have one friend who planted the idea of a rabbit patronus in my mind, and I have to admit, it's grown on me. A fox is kind of like a rabbit and a dog, right? I had one quiz tell me it was a penguin. As long as it's not a fish, frog, or slug, I guess I'm okay with it. But if I had to choose, a dog or a rabbit. But you don't get to choose, do you?

What about you guys?? I am WICKEDLY curious as to your answers to these questions.


Here's a brief "Link Me Up: HP Edition" for you!

-Cool and sometimes unknown Harry Potter facts, taken from interviews with JK Rowling.
-Make your own "Undesirable" poster like my profile pic!
-"Harry Potter and the Well of Medical Research" is a cool article discussing various ways that medical research has been influenced by the series. I hate to get all lofty when it comes to books changing the world and influencing society, but it is pretty cool.
-You aren't a Harry Potter fan until you've been to Mugglenet. It's just a cool resource with news about the movies and cast, quotes from the books and movies, funfacts, games, discussions and more. Have a look around one day if you're bored.
-I get asked a lot where I get my gif files. Well, here's where I get the Harry Potter ones.
-This is a great resource for when you have questions or want to understand something within the series better. That weird hummingbird in a jar in the Ministry of Magic? Totally looked it up here.

If this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you have no soul.
On another note, though, this is hilariously awesome. WAY TO GO, MARKETING DEPARTMENT.



GUYS OMG.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment